[jboss-user] [Messaging, JMS & JBossMQ] - Monitoring new connections to a topic

chris05atm do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Jul 9 01:24:37 EDT 2007

Hello all!

I have an application that will emit a certain JMS message to a topic when a client subscribes to the topic. I am trying to mimic this behavior in JBoss 4.2.

I have gone over all of the FAQs, documentation, and wikis I could find but nothing seems to really answer this. I believe Interceptors are the way to go but a few experiments I tried didn't really go anywhere.

Is this a non-common requirement and/or is this something trivial and I am missing something obvious?

Basically I just want a Thread (or whatever) to sit around and once a subscription is made to a topic... spit out a formatted TextMessage. Sending a message is easy... figuring out when someone connects to the Topic is the problem.

I have seen other providers allow this kind of behavior through management topic messages or with connection listeners. JBoss probably has something similar... I just can't seem to find it!

Any tips, hints, and flames... would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Chris

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4061814#4061814

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4061814