[jboss-user] [Messaging, JMS & JBossMQ] - Re: Multiple persistence strategies in jbossMQ

adrian@jboss.org do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Jul 9 05:15:55 EDT 2007

"justinmiller" wrote :
  | Ideally, here's the situation I want:
  |
  | For all queues and topics, I want both message persistence and softening. For select queues, I just want the message softening, but not persistence.
  |
  | The wiki leads me to believe that this configuration isn't possible.
  |
  | Any way I can achieve this?

What you describe is default behaviour for non-durable topic subscriptions
and queues that have only non-persitent messages.

I've said this a hundred times before in this forum:
PERSISTENCE IS A PROPERTY OF THE MESSAGE NOT THE QUEUE

If you don't trust the clients to send non-persistent message then you
can enforce such a policy on the server. e.g.
http://wiki.jboss.org/wiki/Wiki.jsp?page=JBossMQInterceptorExample

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4061859#4061859

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4061859