[jboss-user] [JBoss jBPM] - start-state

ricardomarques do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Jul 9 07:23:25 EDT 2007

Hi guys, i'm having a problem with start-states, i had looked at the docs but still i'm a bit confused.

I tried to run this process, and i got nothing on user task list. when I removed the start-state (because I had read somewhere that wasn't mandatory), and still i hadn't nothing on the tasklist.

Is start-state mandatory?

Then I tried to keep start-state but with a task, and then it appears, but the user must set it as done, not quite the behavior that I was expecting.

For my purpuse, state-state would be just a model representation, the first task on my user task list should be "inserir destinatario".

But on jbpm examples, there's examples where exist start-states without task.

I just wanna define a representative start state, where I don't put any action, and he just transitate to the next one.

My process definition:

  |    <swimlane name="default">
  |       <assignment expression="user(grover)"></assignment>
  |    <task-node name="decidir o destinatario">
  |       <task name="inserir destinatario" swimlane="default">
  |          <controller>
  |             <variable name="destinatario" access="read,write,required"></variable>
  |             <variable name="tipo" access="read,write,required"></variable>
  |          </controller>
  |       </task>
  |       <transition name="t erro" to="Escreve erro na consola">
  |       	<condition>tipo != 'mail'</condition>
  |       </transition>
  |       <transition name="t mail" to="envia email">
  |        	<condition>tipo== 'mail'</condition>
  |       </transition>
  |    </task-node>
  |    <start-state name="start">
  |       <transition name="t start" to="decidir o destinatario"></transition>
  |    </start-state>

I'm creating the instance with:

  | cmd = new NewProcessInstanceCommand();
  | cmd.setProcessId(Long.parseLong(pid));