[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Dropping clean MC support was a Bad Thing :(

jcruise do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Jul 9 09:40:19 EDT 2007

+1

Not to mention that I now have 50sec start times instead of 17sec start times since the move to embedded from mc.

FYI the upgrade for me involved:

upgrading to tomcat 6.
upgrading to jboss embedded.
downgrading to Java 1.5 (for bug in Jboss embedded)
upgrading to eclipse 3.3 (for tomcat 6 support)
upgrading from Exadel Studio Pro to Jboss  Tools (for eclipse 3.3 support).
applying the documented migration changes
working out the rest of the neccessary changes.

All in all a fairly nervewracking 4 days. And not really happy with the move to Jboss embedded.

The JPA/Seam/Tomcat config that I had in 1.2.1GA was a sweet spot that I am disappointed to find unavailable right now.

As an aside, I would really like to see some momentum building around more supportive documentation. What we have right now is really good for those people who are prepared to immerse themselves deep into the Seam culture. You can currently get by with Seam if you arm yourself with the source, the examples, the forum and the docs, and keep on top of all of those things on a regular basis. This is kind of OK, when the product is really, really new.

But as we head into V2 it would be good to see some nice  comprehensive tutorials that reveal the Seam-magic in an easily digestible way. I think that the Seam story is great, but it is currently told in a very terse and difficult to absorb way and leaves a lot of "discovery learning" for the developer.

Cheers

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4061973#4061973

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4061973