[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Seam + AJAX: Remote problem

ian_bailey do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Jul 9 18:16:55 EDT 2007

"sherkan777" wrote :
  | My Firefox browser throws me an error: "Seam is not defined"
  | at line:  Seam.Component.getInstance("helloAction").sayHello(name, sayHelloCallback);

I got this same problem, here was the problem I was having when I was using remoting on a view in a subdirectory of WebContent (say "subdir").

The documentation (http://docs.jboss.com/seam/latest/reference/en/html/remoting.html#d0e9752 )says to include javascript libraries like so:

  | <script type="text/javascript" src="seam/resource/remoting/resource/remote.js"></script>
  | <script type="text/javascript" src="seam/resource/remoting/interface.js?customerAction"></script>

However, the seam resource servlet is mapped at the root of the application:

  | <servlet-mapping>
  |   <servlet-name>Seam Resource Servlet</servlet-name>
  |   <url-pattern>/seam/resource/*</url-pattern>
  | </servlet-mapping>

So my javascript includes were looking for files like:

http://hostname/context/subdir/seam/remoting/interface.js

When I should be looking in:

http://hostname/context/seam/remoting/interface.js

So I just changed my script tags in my views to this:

  | <script type="text/javascript" src="../seam/resource/remoting/resource/remote.js"></script>
  | <script type="text/javascript" src="../seam/resource/remoting/interface.js?customerAction"></script>

You might have to adapt this depending on the structure inside your web directory, but that's the basic idea.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4062169#4062169

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4062169