[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: DataModel PersistentSet problem from rich subtable

amitdk do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Jul 10 10:44:47 EDT 2007

I did try passing in the task id. However, even that comes as null in my session bean:

  |     @Begin
  |     public void updateTask(String id)
  |     {
  |         System.out.println(id);

I went back to the Seam reference manual and was again reading through this excerpt:
anonymous wrote : 26.1. Parameterized Method Bindings
  | Note: You can not pass objects as arguments! All that is passed is names, for example, hotel.id and user.username. If you check the rendered code of the previous example, you will see that the command button contains these names. These name arguments will be submitted to the server when you press the button, and Seam will look up and resolve these names (in any available context) before the action method is called. If the arguments can not be resolved at that time (because hotel and user variables can not be found in any available context) the action method will be called with null arguments!.
Is this the problem I am stumbling on? Since the AssignedTask is an association of the Objective and AssignedTask is not declared as a DataModel, Seam is not able to find the list of AssignedTask objects in any context. Am I understanding this correctly? Also, besides converting the button to a link and passing the id that way, is there any other way around?

Thanks
Amit

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4062490#4062490

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4062490