[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - dynamic form generation, seam, conversations

theTom do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Jul 10 13:29:24 EDT 2007

Hi!

I am doing dynamic form generation with jboss, jsf and seam.
But I have problems with conversations when trying to use them with the dynamic forms. It seems that I am loosing the conversation context.

So, I have two buttons.
ButtonA calls a method, annotated with @Begin from a statefull session bean.
ButtonB calls another method, annotated with @End from the same bean.

If I put these two buttons in a .xhtml file (commandButton) the long running conversation works, and the method annotated with @Remove and @Destroy is called when I press ButtonA and then ButtonB.

But when I am generating these buttons programmatically, the long running conversation doesn't behave as it should.

Any hints where I should start to debug this behaviour?

The "static" buttons are done in this way:

  |         <h:commandButton id="doB" value="doB"
  |                              action="#{x.doB()}"/>

And here one of the dynamic buttons:

  | HtmlCommandButton cancelButton = new HtmlCommandButton();
  | 		cancelButton.setId("doB");
  | 		cancelButton.setValue("doB");
  |
  | 		// create method binding
  | 		FacesContext context = FacesContext.getCurrentInstance();
  | 		Application app = context.getApplication();
  | 		MethodBinding mb = app.createMethodBinding("#{x.doB}", new Class[] {});
  | 		cancelButton.setAction(mb);
  |
  | 		sheet.getChildren().add(cancelButton);

thx in advance,
tom