[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - seam v2.0beta takes ages to start on WebSphere v6.1.0.9

titou09 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Jul 10 17:55:20 EDT 2007

seam v2.0beta takes ages to start on WebSphere v6.1.0.9
I use seam 2.0 beta, JSF 1.2 RI + facelets, and seam takes ages to start (1.5h+). In the log4j traces I see those messages related to a problem with a DTD validation

  | DEBUG [core.Events           ] - Processing event:org.jboss.seam.preSetVariable.org.jboss.seam.ui.entityConverterStore.component
  | DEBUG [seam.Component        ] - instantiating Seam component: org.jboss.seam.core.events
  | DEBUG [seam.Component        ] - initializing new instance of: org.jboss.seam.core.events
  | DEBUG [seam.Component        ] - done initializing: org.jboss.seam.core.events
  | DEBUG [seam.Component        ] - instantiating Seam component: org.jboss.seam.core.events
  | DEBUG [seam.Component        ] - initializing new instance of: org.jboss.seam.core.events
  | DEBUG [seam.Component        ] - done initializing: org.jboss.seam.core.events
  | DEBUG [core.Events           ] - Processing event:org.jboss.seam.postSetVariable.org.jboss.seam.ui.entityConverterStore.component
  | DEBUG [util.DTDEntityResolver] - trying to resolve system-id [http://java.sun.com/dtd/ejb-jar_2_0.dtd]
  | WARN  [init.Initialization   ] - Couldn't parse META-INF/ejb-jar.xml for component types Operation timed out: connect:could be due to invalid address Nested exception: Operation timed out: connect:could be due to invalid address
  | DEBUG [util.DTDEntityResolver] - trying to resolve system-id [http://java.sun.com/dtd/ejb-jar_2_0.dtd]
  | WARN  [init.Initialization   ] - Couldn't parse META-INF/ejb-jar.xml for component types Operation timed out: connect:could be due to invalid address Nested exception: Operation timed out: connect:could be due to invalid address
  | DEBUG [util.DTDEntityResolver] - trying to resolve system-id [http://java.sun.com/dtd/ejb-jar_2_0.dtd]
  | WARN  [init.Initialization   ] - Couldn't parse META-INF/ejb-jar.xml for component types Operation timed out: connect:could be due to invalid address Nested exception: Operation timed out: connect:could be due to invalid address
  | INFO  [seam.Component        ] - Component: org.jboss.seam.ui.graphicImage.graphicImageResource, scope: APPLICATION, type: JAVA_BEAN, class: org.jboss.seam.ui.graphicImage.GraphicImageResource
  | DEBUG [seam.Component        ] - instantiating Seam component: org.jboss.seam.core.events

It seems it's trying to validate something against the ejb-jar_2_0.dtd file.
It does this for most of the classes present in jboss-seam.jar and jboss-seam-ui.jar.
Where does this come from? is there something missing in my classpath? is it related to seam or to WebSphere? is there a way to disable this validation? will I win to the lottery next saturday?
That makes a lot of questions indeed...
Any help appreciated

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4062707#4062707

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4062707