[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: bug in exception handling ?

lklm do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Jul 11 10:22:34 EDT 2007

Hi.

The same thing happens with Seam 2. No change here at all.

To my knowlegde end-conversation isn't possible in jpdl.xml.
I had env-conversation in pages.xml from the start, like:

  |   <exception class="java.lang.RuntimeException">
  |     <end-conversation/>
  |     <redirect view-id="/generalError.xhtml">
  |       <message>Unexpected failure</message>
  |     </redirect>
  |   </exception>

First request is redirected to generalError. Then I press back button in browser and request the same action and an endless loop occurs.

This seems to happen only in IE as when firefox encounters an endless redirect loop it ends it.

It seems that the conversation isn't ended for some reason or jbpm process isn't ended:

  | java.lang.IllegalStateException: pageflow is not currently at a <page> or <start-page> node
  | (note that pageflows that begin during the RENDER_RESPONSE phase should use <start-page> instead of <start-state>)
  |         at org.jboss.seam.pageflow.Pageflow.getPage(Pageflow.java:215)

How can this be ?
What can I make to avoid it ?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4063005#4063005

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4063005