[jboss-user] [JBoss Messaging] - Re: strange failover behaviour in clustered config

clebert.suconic@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Jul 11 10:46:12 EDT 2007

When you killed nodeA all your message were merged into nodeB.

When you killed nodeB, you didn't have any nodes to accept the failover.

Later you started nodeA.. nothing was merged from nodeA...

When you started nodeB back... messages were loaded on the cluster again.

I would say you aways need at least one server up on the cluster.

For nodeA to assume messages prior to nodeB being loaded we would need to merge messages from nodeB (the way you're describing)... but I'm not sure if that's a good idea, as we have no control when nodeB would be loaded. (Immagine if nodeB is being loaded just few seconds after nodeA).

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4063022#4063022

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4063022