[jboss-user] [JBossWS] - setting up an ssl web service & client

gryffin do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Jul 11 13:52:51 EDT 2007

I am running JBoss 4.0.5 w/ JbossWS 1.2.1.

I have enabled the SSL connector and am able to access the WSDL for my web service using a browser on port 8443 with a certificate I created using keytool.

The client works if I provide it the old http/port 80 URL in it's local WSDL. If I try to aim it at https/port 8443, the client dies with the following error:

  | Caused by: sun.security.validator.ValidatorException: PKIX path building failed: sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderException: unable to find valid certification path to requested target

<soap:address location="http://localhost:8080/NetworkService/NLS"/> <-- works
<soap:address location="https://localhost:8443/NetworkService/NLS"/> <-- doesn't work

I have imported the server cert into a keystore in the client's bin directory. I configured the client to use the keystore ( I believe ) by using jboss-wsse-client.xml in the client's bin directory.

jboss-wsse-client.xml

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4063132#4063132

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4063132