[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - flushMode= MANUAL, when does commit happen? And other questi

enzhao do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Jul 12 10:30:31 EDT 2007

Hi,

I've read the latest reference section 8.3.3

http://docs.jboss.com/seam/2.0.0.B1/reference/en/html/persistence.html#d0e5563

and annotated my long-running conversation with @begin(flushMode=MANUAL), wrote em.flush(); in the @End method. But I still have some questions. When does the transaction commit happen?

There are several nested conversation in the root conversation. A mother entity will be created at the beginning of the root conversation, persisted (in order to fetch the id) during the conversation. The nested conversations just add elements to the collections of the mother entity. I watched my shell output,  during any nested conversation, each time when i say

  | motherEntity.getChildren.add(sonEntity);

hibernate inserted a sonEntity to the database and commits (or not commited? ) How to make the persistence of the son entities happen at the end of the root conversation?

The hibernate.connection.autocommit is true by default, what's the consequence of setting it to false? I read the hibernate core reference, but did not get the answer.

And, I want the transaction of the root conversation to roll back (the persisted motherEntity should be removed) when the root conversation is time out. How to achieve this?

Any help would be highly appreciated!!

Regards,
Ellen

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4063523#4063523