[jboss-user] [JBoss AOP] - Re: Asynchronous aspect support in 1.50 and 2.0

kabir.khan@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Jul 12 14:25:33 EDT 2007

In AOP 2.0 we have been repackaging a bit. The "in-JBoss" aspects really belong to the app server version, and not in the aop release. By "in-JBoss" aspect I mean aspects that depend on running within JBoss.

The AsynchronousAspect has no dependencies on JBoss classes, and so is shipped with the AOP 2.0 release. The AsynchAspect has dependencies on JBoss classes and so is not shipped with the AOP 2.0 release.
HOWEVER, if you install AOP 2.0 into JBoss using the provided install scripts the JBoss dependent aspects (AsynchAspect, Security aspects etc.) exists in the app server.

Hope this is clear enough. The following post explains the rationale behind this decision http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&t=107366

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4063666#4063666

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4063666