[jboss-user] [JBossCache] - Re: uninitialized nodes

aditsu do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Jul 13 01:43:16 EDT 2007

Thanks for the updates and sorry for messing up the jira issue

"manik.surtani at jboss.com" wrote :
  | This is not entirely correct since even when you first put a node in the cache, it does need to (try and) load it from the cache loader in case it is not really a new node but one that was evicted.

Why should it load it when I put? It doesn't even do that currently.

"manik.surtani at jboss.com" wrote :
  | Doing a put(node, key, value) is expected to return the old value under that key and hence the need to load.

I didn't put(node, key, value), but put(fqn, map). And it didn't load it from the cacheloader, until I tried to "get" something. I guess it did that because it thinks it should merge the map I gave it with the existing data. I need a way to tell it "just put this data and don't load anything". It should also not write that data to the cacheloader (this is yet another issue, I used a workaround for that too). The ultimate goal is to do my own optimized preloading of data from a database.

I wonder if the way to solve it is to have another "special" method like putForExternalRead. Anyway, as I said, my program works now with a cache listener and no cache loader. That will only run into problems if not all the data is present in the cache all the time.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4063797#4063797

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4063797