[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - JBoss AS & Seam upgrade - Validation message showing up mult

jamesjoh do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Jul 13 14:34:38 EDT 2007

Recently upgraded from JBoss 4.0.5 to JBoss 4.2.0.  We also upgraded to Seam 1.2.1 from Seam 1.1.0 at the same time.  Everything works fine except for some hibernate annotation validations appearing to be called multiple times.

In my entity bean I have a simple "rateFloor" property w/ standard getter & setter.  On it I have a validation annotation of:

@Min(value=60, message="Rate Floor must be greater than or equal to 60")

The first time I submit the form w/ a value < 60, I get my validation error message twice.  Each subsequent resubmit w/ a value < 60 appends another copy of the error message to FacesMessages list.  So after 2 submits I get the error message 3 times, after 3 I get it 4 times and so on.

If I fix the floor value but leave another validation to fail (like a required=true input left blank) all my of "Rate Floor must be greater..." error messages disappear as excpected.  However, if I think re-change the floor back to 59 and resubmit, they all appear again.  I.E. I have 4 copies of the message, I fix the floor and submit, then break the floor and resubmit and 5 copies of the message show up this time.  It's like something is saving state about error message that shouldn't be saving state.

Does anyone have any idea why this would be?  Looking through the documentation and examples I can't find anything that indicates that validation behavior has changed.  I'm unsure if this is due to some side effect of now using JSF 1.2 w/ the upgrade to JBoss 4.2.0 or if this is a Seam issue.  I also tried w/ the Seam 2.0 Beta but the problem still remained.

I've been trying to trace this behavior through the debugger as well but haven't had any luck in nailing down the specific cause, any hints as to where some handy breakpoints might go are welcome as well.

Thank you.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4064119#4064119

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4064119