[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Seam 2 beta and JPA

jasondlee do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Jul 13 15:50:48 EDT 2007

I'm trying to get a Seam 2 app working under OC4J 10.1.3.  It's going mostly OK, but I'm getting some exceptions regarding my EntityManagerFactory that I can't seem to figure out.  Here are my persistence.xml and components.xml files:

  | <persistence xmlns="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/persistence"
  | 	xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"
  | 	xsi:schemaLocation="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/persistence http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/persistence/persistence_1_0.xsd"
  | 	version="1.0">
  | 	<persistence-unit name="em" transaction-type="RESOURCE_LOCAL">
  | 		<provider>org.hibernate.ejb.HibernatePersistence</provider>
  | 		<jta-data-source>jdbc/Dev</jta-data-source>
  | 		<!-- Snip -->
  | 		<exclude-unlisted-classes>true</exclude-unlisted-classes>
  | 		<properties>
  | 			<property name="hibernate.dialect" value="org.hibernate.dialect.PostgreSQLDialect"/>
  | 		</properties>
  | 	</persistence-unit>
  | </persistence>

and

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
  | <components xmlns="http://jboss.com/products/seam/components"
  |             xmlns:core="http://jboss.com/products/seam/core"
  |             xmlns:persistence="http://jboss.com/products/seam/persistence"
  |             xmlns:security="http://jboss.com/products/seam/security"
  |             xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"
  |             xsi:schemaLocation=
  |                 "http://jboss.com/products/seam/core http://jboss.com/products/seam/core-2.0.xsd
  |                  http://jboss.com/products/seam/persistence http://jboss.com/products/seam/persistence-2.0.xsd
  |                  http://jboss.com/products/seam/security http://jboss.com/products/seam/security-2.0.xsd
  |                  http://jboss.com/products/seam/components http://jboss.com/products/seam/components-2.0.xsd">
  |
  |     <core:init debug="false"/>
  |
  |     <core:manager conversation-timeout="120000"
  |                   concurrent-request-timeout="500"
  |                   conversation-id-parameter="cid"/>
  |

  |     <persistence:entity-manager-factory      name="entityManagerFactory">
  |     </persistence:entity-manager-factory>
  |     <persistence:managed-persistence-context name="entityManager"
  |                                              auto-create="true"
  |                                              entity-manager-factory="#{entityManagerFactory}" />
  | </components>

The exception I get varies, but currently I'm getting "org.hibernate.HibernateException: Hibernate Dialect must be explicitly set" but it looks to me like it is being set.  What am I missing?

Thanks!

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4064134#4064134

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4064134