[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Seam Remoting

ralscha do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sun Jul 15 14:11:20 EDT 2007

Hello

I made some tests with Seam Remoting, JavaBeans/Hibernate on Tomcat.
It works great. I have two question about this.

1) When the program has to do some database operation I have to annotate the
   web method with @Transactional to make it work. With JSF there is
   no need for this annotation because seam manages the transaction.
   Is this correct or is there a configuration option that seam manages
   transactions in Seam Remoting as well?

2) Seam Remoting has a dependency on JMS. The problem is that the RequestHandlerFactory
   instantiate the PollHandler in the constructor. In a non EE environment like
   Tomcat I have to put a JMS library into the classpath although the application does
   not need JMS. Not a big deal, but maybe it's possible to change Seam Remoting
   that it loads PollHandler only when there is a JMS library in the classpath.

Regards
Ralph

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4064334#4064334

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4064334