[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - support for multiple scopes in @In, who's with me?

dan.j.allen do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sun Jul 15 17:54:05 EDT 2007

I would like to get a sense if anyone would be interested in the @In annotation supporting multiple scopes. Right now, your only option is either one explicit scope, or a hierarchical search of all the scopes. I can imagine that there are times when you want to look in a handful of scopes, but not all of them. For instance, anything within a conversation, but not above.

The new definition would be:

ScopeType[] scope() default {};

This would also eliminate the need for the UNSPECIFIED scope since no scopes would assume a hierarchical search. The logic that would have to change is Component#getValueToInject()

Thoughts? I am holding off on filing a JIRA issue to avoid wasting time.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4064369#4064369

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4064369