[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - Re: JBoss Portal 2.6 jsf libraries confuses my other jsf war

hartsock do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Jul 16 09:50:09 EDT 2007

Yes, I kind of figured this was a JSF bug and that it had something to do with the class loaders and that whole Deployment Isolation thing I've been reading about. Basically I figured that some class in the portal SAR was getting in the way of "normal" JSF.

It would be nice if there was a page that new to JBoss Portal people could go to learn how to build the portal.

Per your recommendation, I've checked out a version of the Portal from here:

  | http://anonsvn.jboss.org/repos/portal/trunk

Now then, went over to the directory that I checked out the trunk from...

... huh, no install instructions... let's check out the build directory.

Ah, there's a local.properties file under trunk/build that has a bunch of build variables that I can edit. I'll run the build like this (from the trunk directory):

  |  $ export JBOSS_HOME=/usr/local/jboss
  |  $ ./build/build.sh

So, where did those compiled bits end up? ARG! I have no idea...

  | shawn at beyonder:~/portal/trunk> find . -name "*portal*.sar"
  | ./cms/output/lib/portal-cms.sar
  | ./core/output/lib/jboss-portal.sar
  | ./core/output/resources/jboss-portal.sar
  | ./test/output/lib/portal-test.sar
  | ./wsrp/output/lib/portal-wsrp.sar
  | ./core-samples/output/lib/portal-basic-samples.sar
  | ./core-samples/output/resources/portal-basic-samples.sar
  | ./core-management/output/lib/portal-management.sar
  | ./core-management/output/resources/portal-management.sar
  | ./core-cms/output/lib/portal-cms.sar
  | ./core-cms/output/resources/portal-cms/portal-workflow.sar
  | ./core-cms/output/resources/portal-cms.sar
  | ./core-cms/output/resources/portal-cms.sar/portal-workflow.sar
  | ./server/output/lib/portal-server.sar
  | ./core-admin/output/lib/portal-admin.sar
  | ./core-admin/output/resources/portal-admin.sar

Okay, spiffy, one of these must be the SAR I need to replace my "broken" jboss-portal.sar ... but that jboss-portal.sar is mighty dinky at 4.8M when the one I have deployed consumes 21M ... what's going on here? Let's explode the SAR and see what's in it.

I'll quickly make a back up copy of my /usr/local/jboss/server/default and then try and swap out the JSF libs in jboss-portal.sar with the ones from the new SAR we just made... and fire everything up and see what fireworks we can see...

...hmm... obviously I need to swap out things dealing with JSF... specifically that troublesome JSFMetaBridgeFacesContextFactoryImpl class... where did that bad boy end up? Ah, somewhere inside portal/trunk/faces/output/lib/... portal-faces-lib.jar,  portal-faces-loader-lib.jar, or  portal-faces.war

Somewhere down in one of those is the class I need to swap out. Woah, portal-faces-loader-lib.jar is nowhere in my $JBOSS_HOME/server/default directories...

Anybody want to clue me in on how to deploy this bad boy or do I continue to fumble around like this?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4064556#4064556

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4064556