[jboss-user] [Persistence, JBoss/CMP, Hibernate, Database] - No Dialect mapping for JDBC type: 3

nholbrook do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Jul 16 10:12:39 EDT 2007

I'm getting this error in jboss 4.0.4RC1.  I've seen a few things on the net about this issue and the solutions haven't solved my problem.  The field that is giving me a problem is a sum(int) sql call in jdbc.  Why would it return a decimal type anyway?  I have written my own InformixDialect which hasn't helped yet.  The returning values are as follows...

07:43:50,057 INFO  [STDOUT] Type : 3
07:43:50,057 INFO  [STDOUT] Size : 32
07:43:50,057 INFO  [STDOUT] Precision : 32
07:43:50,057 INFO  [STDOUT] Scale : 0

I added all the following column types just to try to cover my bases

registerColumnType(Types.DECIMAL, "decimal");
registerColumnType(Types.DECIMAL, "number($p,$s)" );
registerColumnType(Types.DECIMAL, "numeric($p,$s)" );
registerColumnType(Types.DECIMAL, "decimal($p,$s)" );

I am still getting the same HibernateMappingException ("No Dialect mapping for JDBC type: 3") when I try to run the query.

The query looks like this..

SELECT product_grp, sum(volume)

where product_grp is a varchar and volume is an integer field.

The database is informix 7.3.

Any help or advice you could give would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4064573#4064573

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4064573