[jboss-user] [Security & JAAS/JBoss] - Portal Login Problems

ch33zm0ng3r do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Jul 16 13:32:04 EDT 2007

I am using Jboss/portal bundle 2.6.  I have configured portal to authenticate through JOSSO and I am getting some odd results.  Users are able to log in, however, when logged in as a normal authenticated user the dashboard link throws a 403 error.  I can't figure out why the user credentials are not being passed along.  Also, when logged in as a user with the 'Admin' role the user portlet shows all of the correct options, yet the header still only shows the 'login' link.  Does anyone have a clue as to why the header wouldn't pick up on the correct user credentials?  From what I understand since JOSSO uses the JAAS stack that these operations should be handled fairly transparently in the bacground.  It seems odd that it would detect the user in one instance but not in another.  I'll keep hacking at it and keep you posted.  Any ideas are much appreciated.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4064671#4064671

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4064671