[jboss-user] [Security & JAAS/JBoss] - Implementing the Authorization using DatabaseServerLoginModu

rrsireesha do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Jul 16 14:21:28 EDT 2007

Hi,

Iam using the JDeveloper and JBoss to develop my web application using JSF. And the data is retrieved from the database(Oracle). I have implemented the DatabaseServerLoginModule for Authorization and Authentication. Here is code I have in the backingbean method of the Login button.

SecurityAssociationHandler handler = new SecurityAssociationHandler();
SimplePrincipal user = new SimplePrincipal(j_username.getValue().toString());
handler.setSecurityInfo(user, j_password.getValue().toStrin().toCharArray());
LoginContext loginContext =
new LoginContext("testDB", (CallbackHandler)handler);
loginContext.login();
Subject subject = loginContext.getSubject();
Set principals = subject.getPrincipals();
principals.add(user);

When I print the principals it is giving me the correct details from the database. The Authentication is working perfectly. I'm confused how to go from here for the authorization part. I have declared the page-level security in the web.xml and it is not working (no exceptions thrown). Role name with 'user' is able to access the pages under /admin folder.

Content of web.xml related to authorization-

    <security-constraint>
        <web-resource-collection>
            <web-resource-name>Administrator</web-resource-name>
            <url-pattern>/faces/admin/*</url-pattern>
            <url-pattern>/admin/*</url-pattern>
        </web-resource-collection>
        <auth-constraint>
            <role-name>admin</role-name>
        </auth-constraint>
    </security-constraint>
    <security-role>
        Administrator
        <role-name>admin</role-name>
    </security-role>

Please advise me how to do the authorization part from here.

Thanks In Advance.
SR.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4064678#4064678

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4064678