[jboss-user] [Installation, Configuration & DEPLOYMENT] - Re: GC hell ?

PeterJ do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Jul 17 01:00:27 EDT 2007

vettori, I noticed in your thread dump that a finalizer thread was running. What percentage of your allocated objects have finalizers? And what are the finalizers doing? Most of the other threads appeared to be simply waiting.

Usually, taking a single thread dump is insufficient. You have to take multiple dumps in succession and examine the threads that changed state.

I repeat my earlier suggestion to enlist professional help.

philjboss, it is considered rude to hijack someone else's post with your own unrelated question. If you care to start a new post and repeat your question there, I will answer (though I warn you that you might not like my answer...).

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4064820#4064820

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4064820