[jboss-user] [Installation, Configuration & DEPLOYMENT] - Re: RMI argument in EJB method

moskvach do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Jul 17 08:53:28 EDT 2007

Lets see ejb 2.1 specification section 7.11.5

anonymous wrote :
  | The methods defined in this interface must follow the rules for RMI/IIOP. This means that their argument and return values must be of valid types for RMI/IIOP, and their throws clauses must include the java.rmi.RemoteException

Sun says:
anonymous wrote :
  |     20. The EJB technology Specification says that the return value and argument types for finder, create and business methods must be legal types for RMI-IIOP. What exactly is a legal type for RMI-IIOP?
  |     A legal type for RMI-IIOP is defined in the Java Language Mapping to OMG IDL Specification. Refer to the "RMI/IDL Subset of Java" platform section of this document for full details. It's not a great deal different from that of RMI although there are a few exceptions, most notably a "Value Type". A type that will be passed by value may not implement java.rmi.Remote , as this could cause confusion between value types and Remote Interfaces.

I don't understand why i have problems with RMI arguments.....
There is no limitations for this according to specifications.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4064981#4064981

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4064981