[jboss-user] [Installation, Configuration & DEPLOYMENT] - Sharing wars between virtual hosts

stevev do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Jul 17 10:28:41 EDT 2007

Hi,
I'm moving my application from Tomcat to JBoss and I have a question. I need to allow multiple virtual hosts to use the same wars. On Tomcat I did this with hosts described in server.xml and context fragments (TOMCAT_DIR/conf/Catalina/my-host.com/ROOT.xml) for each domain. Within these context fragments I gave each virtual host it's own JNDI key so that it had access to it's data.

In JBoss I have moved the wars into an ear. From what I can gather, virtual hosting is then managed by a jboss-web.xml file in the WEB-INF directory of each WAR. This doesn't seem to give me the option of setting up each context with it's own JNDI key. Can I use the Tomcat context fragments solution in JBoss' jbossweb-tomcat55.sar/conf directory?

Thanks,

Steve

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4065029#4065029

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4065029