[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - When joinTransaction() should I call?

azalea do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Jul 17 18:05:18 EDT 2007

Hi,

Now I struggle with the transaction and persistence context propagation :(

I found that the joinTransaction() methods were called in the following codes:
(1)EntityHome.joinTransaction() are called in persist(), update() and remove() of the EntityHome(with @Transactional).
(2)seam-managed-EntityManager.joinTransaction() are called in the Dao components(with @Transactional) of the examples/wiki.

*** Q1 ***
What does each(EntityHome and seam-managed EntityManager) joinTransaction() do?
When should I call each method?
I suppose it is related to the persistence context propagation.

*** Q2 ***
What is the difference between @Transactional and joinTransaction()?

*** request ***
I was not able to find the detailed information about the joinTransaction() methods in the official documents.
I hope that this will be described in the reference guide and/or javadoc (if important for the seam app developers).

my environments:
-JBoss AS 4.2.0.GA
-JBoss Seam 2.0.0.BETA1(CVS)

Thanks in advance.