[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Seam and Adobe Flex

PatrickMadden do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Jul 17 19:28:03 EDT 2007

I have Flex Builder 2.1 where I developed an actionscript 3.0 library. I have successfully - after decent amount of work - have it talking to JBoss Seam application with Jboss Web Services 2.0.0.0.GA. I'm using the Flash 9 player and JRE 1.6 on the client side. If you can guarantee JRE 1.5 on the client side there is not much trouble. Search for posts by me in the seam forum and the JBoss Web Services forum to figure out how to ease the pain.

I'm not exactly using Seam Remoting at this point but am interested in looking at that in the future.

On the web application I'm using Ajax4JSF and Rich Faces with Seam 2.0 Beta. I have a tabbed pane where one tab contains the Flex component embedded. I use a rich faces toolbar that talks to my flex application using exposed External Interface api's. Once inside flex, I talk to the backend via the JBoss Web Services. It really integrates nicely once its done.

If you might have clients connecting via JRE 1.6 plugin, I would download the 4_2 branch of JBoss App server and download the JBoss web services 2.0.0.0 GA - again, look for my posts in the Seam forum to see how to do this and your JBoss Web Services will talk to flex apps without any problems.

Hope this helps,

PVM

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4065213#4065213

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4065213