[jboss-user] [Installation, Configuration & DEPLOYMENT] - jboss as a windows service cannot stop

sagimann do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Jul 18 11:35:13 EDT 2007

Hi,
I'm using JBoss AS 4.0.1sp1 with JBoss Native 2.0 package to get it to work as a Windows Service. It works fine, however I cannot stop the service later from control panel. After a while, I get the usual "service timed out" message, and I can no longer start it: the log claims that the ports are already bound, and I see cmd.exe process that started a java.exe process that lock the ports. Only after I kill both of them, am I able to start the service again. This is 100% reproducible.

Any ideas on how to properly stop the service?
thanks.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4065440#4065440

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4065440