[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Uncomprehended Behavior

vwu98034 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Jul 18 15:59:33 EDT 2007

The situation occurs on a user account login information retrieval.  An action class takes an email address to retrieve the data. If the email address is incorrect for various reasons, the same screen/page will be redisplayed.

Other than a pair of getter and setter for the email address, there is only one method, called doIt, to do email address validation and data retrieval.

Here is the problem I can't comprehend. When I enter  some characters, which is not in valid email format, the doIt method is executed and an error message is shown on the screen. Then, I type in an valid email format, but not in the DB. The doIt method MAY not be executed.

This situation occurs when I have the class in the event scope, or in the conversation scope and have the begin annotation with join=true on the setEmail method and the end annotation on the doIt method.

Can someone points me to a right direction for this problem, please?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4065552#4065552

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4065552