[jboss-user] How to do the clustering and load-balancing in JBoss server 4.0.1-RC2

usharani avirneni usha_avirneni at yahoo.co.in
Thu Jul 19 01:10:09 EDT 2007

Hi all,
      I am using jboss server(4.0.1-RC2).

     I started the jboss server with the default cluster on two different machines(say A and B) with the following command: run -c all

     Then I copied packaged war file in the farm folder in the machine A. It is replicating the war file in the machine B.

    Now I have one problem. We are using properties file contains the machine address/name and this file is part of war file. Whenever I am copying the war file in one machine, it is replicating to second machine. I copied the war file in A machine with it's address in the properties file. If the machine A's server was down and B's server is up and running then how it will handle the requests with it's address in the properties. How can I fix this problem.

     Am I in right direction or not. If not can anybody please help me to do the clustering and load-balancing in JBoss server. I am new to this.

     Thanks in advance.