[jboss-user] [Persistence, JBoss/CMP, Hibernate, Database] - Initializing hibernate exception

taggat do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Jul 19 07:10:18 EDT 2007

Hi,

I have an application that uses EJB3 and hence hibernate.

As we are finding performance issues using ejb3 we are moving to directly accessing hibernate directly.

I am testing upgrading our installation from jboss 4.0.3SP1 to 4.2.0GA and where we had code to get the hibernate sessions setup using our entities with the following code

  | 			try {
  | 				AnnotationConfiguration ac = new AnnotationConfiguration();
  | 				Filter[] filters = setFilter();
  | 				setAnnotatedClasses(ac, filters);
  | 				sessionFactory = ac.configure().buildSessionFactory();
  | 				break;
  | 			} catch (Throwable ex) {
  | 				// Log exception!
  | 				log.error("Initial SessionFactory creation failed. Message = " + ex.getMessage(), ex);
  | 				//throw new ExceptionInInitializerError(ex);
  | 			}

this used to work ok for setting up the hibernate session to read all of our existing entities and settings. under jboss 4.2.0GA it comes up with the following exception.

  | org.hibernate.HibernateException: cannot simultaneously fetch multiple bags
  | 	at org.hibernate.loader.BasicLoader.postInstantiate(BasicLoader.java:66)
  | 	at org.hibernate.loader.entity.EntityLoader.<init>(EntityLoader.java:75)
  | 	at org.hibernate.loader.entity.EntityLoader.<init>(EntityLoader.java:43)
  | 	at org.hibernate.loader.entity.EntityLoader.<init>(EntityLoader.java:33)
  | 	at org.hibernate.loader.entity.BatchingEntityLoader.createBatchingEntityLoader(BatchingEntityLoader.java:103)
  | 	at org.hibernate.persister.entity.AbstractEntityPersister.createEntityLoader(AbstractEntityPersister.java:1748)
  | 	at org.hibernate.persister.entity.AbstractEntityPersister.createEntityLoader(AbstractEntityPersister.java:1752)
  | 	at org.hibernate.persister.entity.AbstractEntityPersister.createLoaders(AbstractEntityPersister.java:2982)
  | 	at org.hibernate.persister.entity.AbstractEntityPersister.postInstantiate(AbstractEntityPersister.java:2975)
  | 	at org.hibernate.persister.entity.SingleTableEntityPersister.postInstantiate(SingleTableEntityPersister.java:690)
  | 	at org.hibernate.impl.SessionFactoryImpl.<init>(SessionFactoryImpl.java:290)
  | 	at org.hibernate.cfg.Configuration.buildSessionFactory(Configuration.java:1294)
  | 	at com.flytxt.global.data.jmx.HibernateService.<clinit>(HibernateService.java:37)

does anyone know how to get around this ?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4065730#4065730

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4065730