[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Browser's back button problem

Zerg-Spirit do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Jul 19 08:31:17 EDT 2007

Hello guys,

I'm have troubling making the 'browser's back button' feature works, using JBoss 4.2 and Seam 2.0.

I basically have a page, called Topic.xhtml, displaying some topic.
Earch topic has some children, so when I click on a topic on that page, I change the value of the 'selectedTopic' outjected property and reload the Topic.xhtml page that displays the children of selectedTopic.
Basically, I can't get the browser's back button to work.

This is the content of Topic.xhtml:
<h:form>

  | 					<h:dataTable value="#{selectedTopic.children}" var="topic">
  | 						<h:column>
  | 							<h:commandLink action="#{topicManager.viewTopic(topic)}">#{topic.relativeName}</h:commandLink>
  | 						</h:column>
  | 					</h:dataTable>
  |
  | 				</h:form>

This is my back SFSB:
@Stateful
  | @Name("topicManager")
  | @Scope(SESSION)
  | @Conversational
  | public class TopicManager implements TopicManagerInterface {
  | 	@Begin(join = true)
  | 	public String viewTopic(Topic topic)
  | }

And I added this to pages.xml:

<page name="viewTopic"
  |         view-id="/Topic.xhtml"
  |         back="enabled">
  |     <redirect/>
  |     <transition to="viewTopic"/>
  |     <transition name="complete" to="complete"/>
  | </page>

Note that the first time Topic.xhtml is called, it's by the viewTopic method.

As I understand it, the problem is that the back button sends me to the last viewed page seen BEFORE Topic.xhtml.
The problem is that I want to send him back to Topic.xhtml, but just with the data state rollbacked.

Dunno, maybe that's not even possible?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4065758#4065758

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4065758