[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: how to set #{invalid} in action

tynor do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Jul 19 09:45:58 EDT 2007

I've been reading the source (1.2.1-GA), Luke, but am still without enlightenment.  In Seam's UIDecorate, I see:

Contexts.getEventContext().set("invalid", hasMessage(this, context));

and hasMessage() appears to search down the child components looking for messages -- the input control has one since in my code, I do the following:

FacesMessages.instance().addToControl("name", new InvalidValue("my error text", MyClass.class, "name", getInstance().getName(), getInstance()));

You would think that my adding the message to the control would be enough for UIDecorate to find it when it goes searching for messages.  It doesn't -- the message is rendered in my facelet, but the label and control are not styled as "error" (which is controlled in the edit.xhtml template via the #{invalid} EL expression).

So what else do I need to do to cause the UIDecorate to see the message and set the invalid property??

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4065790#4065790

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4065790