[jboss-user] [JBoss jBPM] - Some questions on Process Instance.

jgreiner do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Jul 19 15:37:59 EDT 2007

I just wanted to make sure I am doing some things using the best practice.   I think I am doing some things that are not just 100% correct and work  coincidentally

I have the process instance that I want to work with.  What is the best method to get a Node so I can signal it?   Also what is the best method to get a task so I can end it?

My Logic I am using on Node is....

  |             ProcessInstance pi = jbpmContext.getProcessInstance(pid);
  |
  |             Token token = pi.findToken("MyNode1");
  |             token.signal("Pass");   // transition

My logic on a Task Node is...this is the one I think is not the best practice.

  |     ProcessInstance pi = jbpmContext.getProcessInstance(pid);
  |
  |     Collection tis = pi.getTaskMgmtInstance().getTaskInstances();
  |     Iterator li = tis.iterator();
  |     while (li.hasNext())
  |     {
  |          TaskInstance ti = (TaskInstance)li.next();
  |          if (ti.getEnd() == null)
  |          {
  |              String ami = (String)ti.getVariable(ProcessVariables.ART_MASTER_ID);
  |              if (ami.equals(String.valueOf(artMasterId)))
  |              {
  |                    ti.start(actorId);
  |                    am = qm.retrieveArtMaster(artMasterId);
  |              }