[jboss-user] [Installation, Configuration & DEPLOYMENT] - Re: Contradictory classloading on different JBoss instances

ASyDBarret do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Jul 20 03:43:47 EDT 2007

Ok...I have to rephrase and turn around the previous post, since as I read it now it is 1] confusing 2] not very informational 3] not the actual problem Im having ...

so...

the first post still applies, but only in the part that my MBean services on my development environment work only if I define a custom classloader repository for them... otherwise I get "ClassNotFound exception" on deployment time (for example, one of my MBeans implements JMS Message Listener and the exception is thrown exactly on this interface..which is a standart class of JBoss)

but the fact that when I deploy them with a custom ClassLoader for the MBeans causes that I no longer have them in the same container as the rest of the Jboss - meaning that I have to define JNDI Port and BindAddress when instancing an Initial Context instead of simply relying on the default one ... AND it also means that I can't use Local Interfaces of my EJB's eventhough I'm accessing them from the very same JBoss deployment...again, I believe this has to do something with the custom classloader and its different domain from the default one...

BUT...when I deploy my MBeans on a different JBoss server I actually have to get rid of the custom ClassLoader for them before they start working and if I do so...the SAR archive seems to suddenly be in the same domain/container as the other deployed services and EJB ... I can do JNDI calls through the default InitialContext and (although I havent tested that yet) I guess I could even use my Local EJB Interfaces instead of the standart default ones ...

can anyone post some remarks on such a situation

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4066051#4066051

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4066051