[jboss-user] [JBossCache] - Re: CR3 Listener

manik.surtani@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Jul 20 05:40:02 EDT 2007

"aditsu" wrote : I was going to post something along the same lines as FredrikJ, so I'm glad to see this thread.

  | Could we perhaps have an adapter (abstract listener class) with annotated callback methods, that we can extend for defining listeners with compile-time checking?

Something we did consider, but such an adapter would lose some the benefits of the annotation based approach.  Performance on callbacks you are not interested in.  Empty impl's of callbacks still get called, but a callback isn't annotated, it doesn't.

"aditsu" wrote :
  | Also, are the listener callbacks currently fired synchronously as part of the transaction, therefore blocking the transaction till they are executed? Will that change in the future?

Yes, they are synchronous (see updated javadocs on the annotation in CVS HEAD).  I don't expect this to change in the future.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4066094#4066094

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4066094