[jboss-user] [Installation, Configuration & DEPLOYMENT] - Re: I can't reach Jboss console from remote ?

fausto_minotti do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Jul 20 09:07:00 EDT 2007

ok Thanks a lot !
now all work properly

Frequently Asked Questions about the JBoss4.2 Release

   1. . Why can't I connect to the server remotely? All the services appear to be bound to localhost only.

    * That's correct before 4.2.0.GA jboss always bound to the any address "0.0.0.0". You wouldn't believe how many people would put unprotected instances of JBoss on the internet, or even on their own local LAN. Now you have to explicitly choose to do that, so it takes some thinking about before you revert to the old default behaviour with the "-b' option of jboss. e.g.

./run.sh -b 0.0.0.0

For Windows, use

run.bat -b 0.0.0.0

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4066179#4066179