[jboss-user] [Messaging, JMS & JBossMQ] - OutOfMemory because of too many threads and not sure what to

zooxmusic do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Jul 20 10:15:20 EDT 2007

Hi all,

I have a problem that I am not quite sure how to solve and if it is something obvious please accept my apology early.

We are using durable topic JMS clients on a wireless network that drops out periodically and because of this they do not close all connections/threads gracefully

when we try to reconnect we get "Client Id is already registered" as we should

the problem is that every time this client tries to connect even though they receive this exception it is still creating 4 threads per occurrence.

with 180 clients quite a few have over 300 threads allocated to them and they still aren't connected which drops JBoss once we run out of memory

What can I do?

Is there anyway to detect a broken connection on the server side and kill the threads?

I am almost thinking that this architecture doesn't fit what we need to do since they do drop out and we definitely need a durable topic.

Brian

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4066214#4066214

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4066214