[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - WorkingMemory injected in EJB but not POJO

X490812 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Jul 20 18:24:40 EDT 2007

I have an EJB I am using as an event handler. When I inject my JBOSS Rules workingMemory into it, all is well; I have declared it in components.xml. Here is the code:

  | @Stateful
  | @Name("indexPage")
  | @Scope(org.jboss.seam.ScopeType.SESSION)
  | public class IndexPageBean implements IndexPage {
  |
  | 	@Logger
  | 	private Log log;
  |
  | 	@In
  | 	FacesMessages facesMessages;
  |
  | 	@In WorkingMemory wmUnderwriting;
  | .
  | .
  | .

HOWEVER - what I would like to do INSTEAD is use another seam component and inject the WorkingMemory into it instead of the event handler above. Here is my proposed code

  | @Name("UnderwritingService")
  | public class UnderwritingService
  | {
  | //TODO - NOTE -  I changed the ant build script to include all .drl files
  | 	// I.E., security.drl is now *.drl
  |
  | 	 @In
  | 	 WorkingMemory	wmUnderwriting;
  | .
  | .
  | .

The problem I am having is that when I manually instantiate this comopnent from the first comoponent, the workingMemory object is null. I dont understand, because it is NOT nulll whe it is injected into the EJB event handler, but it IS null when injected instead into the service component that I instantiate from the event handler. I am not understnading why injection works for the EJB and not for the pojo service component

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4066351#4066351

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4066351