[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Can the EJBs be on a remote server ?

femski1 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sat Jul 21 18:09:05 EDT 2007

How ? I tried putting an @EJB injection in the JSF backing beans, and only way I could get it to work was when the JSF app was deployed to bundled JBoss/Tomcat. Even then following annotation was required:

@EJB(name="testJbossEar/helloWorld/remote")

I believe this is JBoss specific and not portable.
Standalone Tomcat 6.0.13 ignored the @EJB annotation. I presume its a Tomcat limitation.

Even if I decide to settle on a bundled Tomcat/JBoss for my client tier and use a pure JBoss for my remote server, how do you steer Seam towards remote Session beans specified in action field of JSF page ? Where would you put @EJB(location of remote server) annotation ?

Its also not clear how Seam would obtain JPA entitity beans from remote server and inject them in JSF tier ?

Any details, tips hints would be appreciated.

thanks,

-Sanjay

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4066442#4066442

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4066442