[jboss-user] [Beginners Corner] - Parameter is not sent to my method from jsf

olebille@gmail.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Jul 23 09:34:54 EDT 2007

Hi.

On my jsf page I have this.

<h:dataTable value="#{surveys}" id="surveys"
var="surveyxx"
styleClass="dvdtable"
headerClass="dvdtablehead"
rowClasses="results"
columnClasses="dvdtablecol">

<h:column>
<f:facet name="header">
<h:outputText value="navn" />
</f:facet>
<s:link value="#{surveyxx.name}" action="#{editSurvey.selectSurvey(surveyxx)}"/>

</h:column>

</h:dataTable>

in my pages.xml I have this.
<page view-id="/ManageSurveys/surveyList.xhtml" login-required="true">

<navigation from-action="#{editSurvey.selectSurvey(surveyxx)}">
<redirect view-id="/ManageSurveys/surveyElementsEdit.xhtml"/>

and my method looks like this
public void selectSurvey(Survey surveyxx)
{

survey = surveyxx;

}

My method is called allright but surveyxx is just null instead of containing the object from the list. What Im trying to achieve here is that when a user clicks an object on the list I want it put on session and then return to a page where I can edit content on the object.

Im new to jsf. So I might be making some dumb rookie mistake =)

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4066649#4066649

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4066649