[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - The Right Scope

JUnkie do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Jul 23 10:30:05 EDT 2007

Hi,

I have a working little book search here. I is triggered from page 1 and the results are rendered on page 2 ("searchResultsPage").

My question: In the code below I bind the DataModel object to the session just to have it available on the page that the SLSB redirects to. I don't want that: How can I avoid the expensive session binding of the DataModel? Other scopes like EVENT or CONVERSATION don't seem to work... how would you do that?

@Stateless
  | @Scope(ScopeType.SESSION)
  | @Name("bookSearch")
  | public class BookSearchAction implements BookSearch {
  |
  |   @In
  |   private SearchRequest searchRequest;
  |
  |   @DataModel
  |   private List<SearchResult> searchResults;
  |
  |   public BookSearchAction() {}
  |
  |   public String search() {
  |
  |     searchResults = new ArrayList();
  |     searchResults.add(...)