[jboss-user] [JBossWS] - Re: trying to access a webservice - not working from either

rodgerca do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Jul 23 11:58:21 EDT 2007

Thanks for your reply

I installed JBoss 4.2, I am running the messaging server.  I installed the most recent ws files using the ant build in the jbossws-native-2.0.0.GA release.  All the right files are now deployed to the default/deploy and messaging/deploy jbossws.sar directories.

I fixed the jboss-xml-binding issue about 3 hours ago by changing the order in which the jars are loaded into my class path in eclipse.

After 5 days solid on this, I now feel I am at the final hurdle: I am now getting the same problem from both the java client and the SOAP UI client:--

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.reflect.UndeclaredThrowableException
	at $Proxy0.echo(Unknown Source)
	at com.cmmgroup.address.client.EchoClient.main(EchoClient.java:32)
Caused by: java.rmi.RemoteException: Call invocation failed; nested exception is:
	java.lang.UnsupportedOperationException: setProperty must be overridden by all subclasses of SOAPMessage
	at org.jboss.ws.core.jaxrpc.client.CallImpl.invokeInternal(CallImpl.java:536)
	at org.jboss.ws.core.jaxrpc.client.CallImpl.invoke(CallImpl.java:277)
	at org.jboss.ws.core.jaxrpc.client.PortProxy.invoke(PortProxy.java:151)
	... 2 more
Caused by: java.lang.UnsupportedOperationException: setProperty must be overridden by all subclasses of SOAPMessage
	at javax.xml.soap.SOAPMessage.setProperty(Unknown Source)
	at org.jboss.ws.core.soap.SOAPMessageImpl.(SOAPMessageImpl.java:67)
	at org.jboss.ws.core.soap.MessageFactoryImpl.createMessage(MessageFactoryImpl.java:155)
	at org.jboss.ws.core.CommonSOAP11Binding.createMessage(CommonSOAP11Binding.java:58)
	at org.jboss.ws.core.CommonSOAPBinding.bindRequestMessage(CommonSOAPBinding.java:156)
	at org.jboss.ws.core.CommonClient.invoke(CommonClient.java:289)
	at org.jboss.ws.core.jaxrpc.client.CallImpl.invokeInternal(CallImpl.java:517)
	... 4 more

The release notes for the latest version of jbossws tells me that this issue should be fixed.  I understand that getting this error message means that I am not running the right version of jboss-saaj. But I can assure you that I am - everywhere!  I've deleted every other saaj jar on my hard drive, including those in the eclipse plug in directories.  I've definitely got the right jboss-saaj with the right setProperty() method in my eclipse classpath.

Clutching at straws, I read somewhere about adding the jaxb_api and jaxws-api jars to my JDK and JRE lib/endorsed directories (I am running jdk 6) - but that doesn't seem to make a difference

The bus was late, thank goodness, but I've really got to get the sorted. I've spent way too long on it already....

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4066700#4066700

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4066700