[jboss-user] [JBoss jBPM] - Re: jBPM 3.2 timers in a cluster

supterlobster do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Jul 23 16:55:04 EDT 2007

Also, following problems:

1. Timer can not get picked up after jboss restarts.
   The TimerServiceBean jndi name keeps changing between jboss restarts. Then the old timer with obosolete timers.targetid will be ignored. Have to change the local jndi name to fix it. Although it is not a big deal, but the jbpm-enterprise.ear will not work without this change.

2. The timer is created with no interval, so it will only execute once, so I have to change the code to do it better.

Are these the real problems or just my imagination?

Also improvements I like to have:
1. procesdefinition deployment is a pain. I have to write some servlet listener to kludge the version checking. How difficult we do it at system level - do not deploy if the definition already exists?

2. how to achieve the pooling of async execution? only way I know of is to limit the TimerServiceBean pool size. But it is clumsy. Ideally it can have different delay queues, so we can treat normal executions and retries differently, say with different intervals.

Justin

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4066818#4066818

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4066818