[jboss-user] Strange Problem with JBoss 4.0.1

Udayvir Singh udayvir.singh.1981 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 25 01:30:05 EDT 2007

Hi,

Actually, I m facing a strange problem with JBoss 4.0.1.

I m running JBoss 4.0.1 with Eclipse 3.2 and J2SDK 1.4.

When I run my application on the JBoss 4.0.1 server, some times I get
"NullPointerException" and some time it says "the requested resource (
myaction.do) is not found / unavailable". And then, if I refresh
(immediately) the same page, it shows up the entire page.
This happens 70% of the times.

Another thing that happens is,  some times images are not shown on the page,
however when I refresh the same page, the page shows up perfectly (i.e along
with the images).

I m deploying the application properly. I first start the server using
Eclipse.
Once the Eclipse is up n running I deploy the application on the server (Run
on server - option by right clicking on the project). On deploying
application eclipse 3.2 opens the browser on its own with the welcome page.
But, as I told u 70% of the times it gives me that problem. On the if I
refresh the page it comes up properly.

I feel that this is a problem with some JBoss setting, because if it is a
problem with my application it would not run properly on refreshing the
page. Apart from this my application is running properly on Tomcat 4.3 (with
Eclipse 3.0).

If u know any thing about this problem, please help me, if u can. Its
urgent.

Regards,
Udayvir Singh