[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Progress bar for fileUpload

zaya do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Jul 25 06:22:04 EDT 2007

This is the use case:

The website has users to upload very large files (probably videos), I'm trying to trace the course of the uploading by representing in browser a progress bar. But I don't know if I can do that by using s:fileUpload and how.

By my understanding, s:fileUpload tag uses a filter to store the input file, and map that file to an InputStream. My concern is, because UpdateModel jsf phase is very late in the lifecycle, at the time I have accessibility to the mapped InputStream, the file has already fully uploaded to some temporary place, and I can only use this InputStream to store the file elsewhere, and I lose the control in the course of the uploading.

Anyone has a suggestion?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4067345#4067345

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4067345