[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Validation and selectOneMenu question

Sammy8306 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Jul 25 09:51:38 EDT 2007

I have two questions:

1) It seems that my custom validator on a text input is not called when it is empty. Apparently this is a JSF issue (I'm using MyFaces 1.1.4), but maybe Seam offers a solution?

2) I'm using a selectOneMenu to add items to a list (the list is updated using Ajax4JSF, using the onSubmit hook). I'm rerendering the list (a ui:repeat) and the selectOneMenu every time a new element is selected in the selectOneMenu. Now, I would like the value of the menu to be reset to the noSelectionLabel. I tried setting the value binding to a property that always returns null, and even tried returning NoSelectionConvertor.NOSELECTIONVALUE (or something like that :). But, the last selected item always remains selected... what can I do about this?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4067400#4067400

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4067400