[jboss-user] [JBoss Messaging] - Detected failure on control connection

bob_walker99 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Jul 25 10:39:38 EDT 2007

Can someone offer an explanation of what exactly is happening when I get this error:
 org.jboss.remoting.transport.bisocket.BisocketServerInvoker$ControlMonitorTimerTask at 20dbb1: detected failure on control connection Thread[control: S
ocket[addr=/127.0.0.1,port=3160,localport=2999],5,main]: requesting new control connection

I'm seeing it a lot, but the only references I can find on the forums are these:

http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4055249#4055249
http://jira.jboss.org/jira/browse/JBREM-725

These don't seem to be the same case - I'm not seeing the NPE, and it isn't a server/client restart issue for me.

I'm using AS 4.2.0 with JBM 1.4.0 CR1, (but it also happened in 1.3.0 GA and I'm currently running my tests on an XP box with JDK 1.6.0_02. I replaced jboss remoting with the 2.2.0 SP1 version, to no avail.

I can't recreate it consistently in a test case (but it does happen intermittently in the tests I've written) but it happens a lot in (what would be) my production code (if it worked..). If it is something I am doing incorrectly, I need to understand what this is, but I'm at a loss where to look.

Help?

Sorry if this belongs on the remoting forums, let me know and I'll repost if necessary.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4067421#4067421

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4067421