[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - Does JBoss Portal support usernames with special characters?

kpalania do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Jul 25 13:40:13 EDT 2007

I am using LDAP for authentication and users need to be able to login using their entire email address (username at domain.com). However, JBoss Portal seems to fail with no relevant exception resulting in a WSOD (white screen of death) when such an user attempts to login. Is this a known issue? And are there any workarounds?

I am trying to replace these special characters with an underscore but since this is part of the Servlet Request, there seem to be 'n' number of places where I need to do this, and am running into RenderPortletInstanceCommand ClassCastExceptions..

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4067528#4067528

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4067528