[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Is org.jboss.logging.Logger in JBoss 4.2.1 compatible with S

tonylmai do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Jul 25 14:57:19 EDT 2007

Hello all,

I am running into weird logger incompatible version after upgrading my JBoss AS to JBoss 4.2.1GA (from 4.0.5GA). I am still using Seam 1.2.1GA. No change in my code.

Yet my client is now complaining that it could not perform a Context.lookup(). It threw an exception at:

anonymous wrote :  java.lang.NoSuchFieldError: TRACE
  | at org.jboss.logging.Log4jLoggerPlugin.isTraceEnabled(Log4jLoggerPlugin.java:85)
  | at org.jboss.logging.Logger.isTraceEnabled(Logger.java:122)
  | at org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContext.lookup(NamingContext.java:620)

So somewhere in the server/client, a wrong version of Logger is being used and I don't know which component is loading this Logger in the first place.

Has anyone here run into this problem or know how to fix this. I would appreciate a comment.

Thanks
-tony

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4067560#4067560

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4067560